See where your team is on the map
A lot of conversations on farms centre on two questions: “Where are you?” and “How are you getting on with that job?”.
We realised that “I’m halfway across the second field, near to the telegraph pole” is not an effective way to share that information.
Team Radar lets you answer the question of “Where are you?” easily by sharing your location with other people on your farm. Your location will be updated whenever you have the fieldmargin app open and on your screen. You can see the location of everyone on your farm who has enabled location sharing on your farm map on your phone or on the web app but opening the Team panel.
Use it to:
- See the progress of work
- Check who is nearby to help with a job
- Help team members find you
You can see when someone’s location was last updated under their name in the team list. If you need a more up-to-date location send a Farm Chat message. When they open the app their location will update.
How to set up Team Radar
- Make sure everyone on your farm is added to your farm on fieldmargin (you can find instructions for inviting people to your farm here).
- Make sure everyone has the fieldmargin app for iOS or Android installed on their smartphone or tablet.
- Make sure each member of your team enables location sharing on their phone.
- Once a team member has enabled location sharing on their phone it will begin updating their location on all the farms they are a member of when they have the app open. This will then be displayed on the map which you can view on the Team tab on the web and mobile apps. It will also show the time since their location was last updated. Learn more about this here.
2 thoughts on “Introducing Team Radar”